Cost per serving $0.88 view details
- Sea Bass fillets
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- For the sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2-4 large tomatoes cut in half (horizontally)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (in their skins)
- salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh oregano
- Heat the oven to 425F
- Place all the ingredients in a large roasting pan. Pour over the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and squeeze over the juice of a lemon. Mix to combine and place in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Squeeze the garlic out of it's skin (discard skin) and place in a food processor with the other ingredients and blitz until you have a smooth sauce.
- This can be kept in the fridge until later or used immediately.
- Pat the fish dry and season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over a little lemon zest.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan until bubbling.
- Place the fish in the bubbling butter at a medium-high temperature and cook for 2 minutes or until golden, flip the fish over and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and spoon the foaming butter and juice over the fish as it cooks.
- If your fillets are thick and are not cooked through, remove the pan to the oven for approx 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, place a couple of tablespoons of sauce on a plate, place a fillet of fish on top and sprinkle over some chopped oregano (or your favorite fresh herb) and a slice of lemon.
- This is lovely with a nice chilled glass of Pinot!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 132g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||54%|
|Total Fat 4.19g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.69g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||6%|