Cost per serving $0.53 view details
- Makes 24 cupcakes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 Â½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Â½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Â¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 small or 2 large ripe pears, peeled and chopped into small pieces.
- A sprinkling of flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Â¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups confectionerâs sugar (sifted)
- Heat the oven to 350F
- Line the cupcake pans with paper liners.
- If possible have your ingredients at room temperature.
- Cream the butter and sugar until really light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and scrape down the bowl after each addition.
- Add the sour cream and combine thoroughly.
- Place the flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Place the chopped pears in another bowl and toss with a sprinkling of flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and gently combine. Do not over mix.
- Add the pears and fold in gently.
- Fill the cupcake liners and bake for approx 20 - 30 minutes. Start checking after 20 minutes. The cupcakes are ready when they are risen and golden and bounce back on the top when gently pressed down.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack. Cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Itâs important for the butter and cream cheese to be soft otherwise youâll have lumpy frosting!
- Mix the butter and the cream cheese together. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost the cupcakes, dust with a sprinkling of cinnamon and enjoy with a cup of tea
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 95g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 146||47%|
|Total Fat 16.63g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 9.89g||40%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.97g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|