Cost per serving $0.14 view details
- FOR THE YORKSHIRE PUDDING BATTER
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 300ml equal mixture milk and water
- FOR THE TOAD
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 8 good-quality pork sausages
- 1 onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to fan 200C/conventional 220C/ gas 7.
- Sift the flour and a make a well in the centre and crack in the egg.
- Beat lightly,then gradually pour in half the milk and water, beating all the time to form a smooth,thick batter.
- Continue for 2 minutes,then stir in the remaining liquid. (The batter can be made several hours ahead of time, although contrary to popular opinion it is not improved by standing.)
- Wrap a bacon rasher around each sausage then put them, spaced apart, in a large roasting tin (preferably metal).
- Scatter over the onion and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the bacon and sausages are starting to colour and the onion is tinged brown at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and quickly pour the batter over the sausages. Return to the oven for a further 35-40 minutes until the batter is crisp and well risen.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 64g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||29%|
|Total Fat 4.76g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.64g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 21.47g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|