Cost per recipe $12.26 view details
- 5 pound ripe tomatoes
- 3 c. minced onion
- 1 c. seeded, minced chili peppers
- 1 c. vinegar, labeled 5% acidity
- 3 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dip tomatoes in boiling water for 30-60 seconds, till skin loosens. dip in cool water and slip off skins. Core and chop tomatoes.
- In a 6-8 qt saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to boil, stirring after. Reduce heat and simmer 30 min or possibly to desired thickness.
- Immediately fill warm sterilized pint jars with salsa, leaving half with heat space. Carefully run a non-metallic utensil inside jars to remove trapped air bubbles.
- Wipe jar tops and threads clear. Put on lids and rings. Process 5 min per 5 pounds pressure.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2895g|
|Calories from Fat 41||7%|
|Total Fat 4.93g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.83g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 129.88g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 34.5g||115%|