Cost per serving $1.11 view details
- 12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, cores and seeds removed (This is the amount Barefoot uses in her recipe. You can roast smaller amount for less servings)
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a sheet pan, cut sides up, in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper over the tomatoes. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tomatoes are concentrated and beginning to caramelize. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Because I intended to use these on bruschetta, I only roasted until about 20 mins. +/-, watching closely towards the end until tomatoes had desired appearance.
- Then, I added tomatoes to slices of quality baked bread - I used fresh baked asiago foccacia bread. I sliced the bread about 1/4 - 1/2" thick, but no more than 1/2" because I like to eat bread that is not too hard or crusty to chew. Then, I brushed the bread with more olive oil to brown nicely. Next, I sprinkled liberally with grated mozarella and basil. Then, into oven for about 5 mins., or until desired golden brown color or cheese nicely melted
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 194g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 122||73%|
|Total Fat 13.85g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.92g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.36g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|