Cost per serving $0.47 view details
- Slow Roasted Tomatoes on Bruschetta with sautÃ©ed Garlic &
- Goat Cheese
- 20 â Â¾ inch slices of sourdough bread cut at an angle.
- Â¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 large ripe Plum or Roma tomatoes
- 15 large garlic cloves (cut into thin slices)
- 20 small oregano springs for garnish + Â½ teaspoon oregano chopped fine
- 5 oz. of Chevre Goat Cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 325. Cut the tomatoes into thirds lengthwise, if using round ones cut them into thirds crosswise. Place them cut-side up onto a baking sheet.
- Pour half of the olive oil into a small bowl and add the chopped
- oregano, salt & pepper. Lightly brush the mixture over each tomato slice and bake on middle rack for about 1-Â½ to 2 hours, checking them occasionally.
- They should be slightly shrunk and still a brilliant red color. If they are too dark, they will be bitter. Let cool. (These can be made earlier the day of party or up to 24 hours in advance) and placed in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, slice the garlic lengthwise into thin slices. Heat a small pan at low heat, add the remaining olive oil and sautÃ© the garlic until the garlic starts to give off its aroma and is golden in color but not brown (or it will taste bitter). Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- To make the bruschetta, lightly brush each slice with the remaining oregano-infused olive oil that was used to sautÃ© the garlic slices. Grill, toast or pan-grill the bread on
- both sides until lightly browned or toasted. Spread a thin layer of Goat cheese on top of each piece of the bread and then add one roasted tomato per slice. Top with a couple of pieces of sautÃ©ed garlic per individual piece. Place back in the oven for about 2-3 minutes; just to slightly warm the goat cheese. Remove from oven & garnish with a small spring of oregano.
- *Note- if the tomatoes were roasted ahead of time, remove from the
- refrigerator and bring to room temperature prior to assembling.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 75g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 26||44%|
|Total Fat 2.91g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.39g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.75g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|