Fresh roasted pepper is what makes this dip special; so don't substitute it with the canned ones. Roasting peppers is an easy job, if you've never tried it yet then this is the perfect opportunity, once you taste them, you'll wonder why you waited for so long.
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted over the flames/oven
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 slice firm bread, torn into pieces
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, as per taste
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Roast the pepper either over the flames or in the oven.
- Cut roasted pepper into large pieces. In a small skillet toast cumin over low heat, stirring constantly until very fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a food processor with knife blade attached, process walnuts until ground.
- Add rest of the ingredients including pepper and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with toasted pita bread wedges or lavash.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 194g|
|Calories from Fat 327||69%|
|Total Fat 37.51g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 4.82g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 29.21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|