Last year a friend of mine from Hong Kong got a packet of Chinese tea leaves called "Poli", I am not a tea lover so never used it but few days while reshuffling all those kitchen cabinets I saw that tea leaves packet lying all alone in one dark corner, and so this how it came into use, I guess this the reason I love culinary souvenirs and never say "no" for them as they always add value to your repertoire.
- 3 tsp good quality tea leaves
- 3 Cups of water
- 2 Cup sweetened orange juice
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Sweet Lime slices, to garnish
- Place the tea leaves in a large bowl. Heat water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot water over the tea leaves and cover it with a lid and set aside for 5 minutes. Strain the tea in a jar, keeping the liquid and discarding the leaves.
- Stir in the orange juice and sugar syrup if required. Stir. Let sit in the fridge until served.
- Serve over ice with a lemon slice and fresh mint leaves.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 319g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||3%|
|Total Fat 0.28g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.39g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|