Cost per recipe $0.01 view details
- 1 pkt cream cheese (8-oz) softened
- 1 x block blue cheese (cheese crumbles are OK) (4-oz) softened
- 1 tsp grated onion (1 to 2)
- Lowfat milk (sufficient to achieve spreading consistency)
- Paprika (optional)
- Celerycut into 3-inch sticksCarrotscut into 3-inch sticksJumbo pimento-stuffed olives
- Instructions:With a fork (or possibly a hand-held electric mixer), cream the two cheeses together.
- Add in onion (or possibly omit it if you do not care for it). Add in lowfat milk, a few drops at a time, to achieve the consistency you want. (If you're dipping, you want it very creamy. If you're stuffing the celery sticks, you want it firmer.)
- Stuff celery sticks with cheese filling. Sprinkle with paprika, if you like.
- Arrange celery and carrot sticks on a tray or possibly plate and ring with olives.
- Serves about 10 to 12.
- In the Kline household, every holiday meal was preceded by a simple, yet palate-teasing relish tray of blue-cheese stuffed celery sticks, carrots for dipping and jumbo pimento-stuffed olives. You can adjust the seasoning of the cheese filling according to taste.
- The Secret: Use a good-quality blue cheese (Mom always uses Treasure Cave brand) and destring the celery for a more satisfying crunch.
- Betsy Kline, Food copy editorPittsburgh Post Gazette
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2g|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.28g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|