Saw this on a local internet blog , sounded good so added a few twists and here we are
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 2-3 very big onions
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 x 340ml Dark Beer(any other beer will also do, the dark beer gives a rich brown colour)
- vegetable oil for frying
- Blue Cheese Dip
- 100gr blue Cheese,
- Â½ cup( 125ml) good quality mayonnaise
- Â½ cup(125ml) thick Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- a good few grindings of black pepper - about Â¼ tsp
- Mix self-raising flour with salt and beer in a mixing bowl. It must be a thickish, lumpy batter, something like runny porridge(if too thick, add a little ice water or if it is too runny, add a little more flour)
- Peel and slice the onions in thick slices and loosen the onion rings.
- Throw all the onion rings into the batter and mix until all the rings are coated.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan(I use a wok) and when the oil is hot, slowly drop the onion rings into the oil.
- When they are golden brown on the one side, turn once and when done, remove with a slotted spoon and place on some paper toweling.
- Serve immediately with the Blue Cheese Dip!
- BLUE CHEESE DIP METHOD
- Crumble the cheese and place in your food processor with all other ingredients.
- Blitz until you have a thick creamy consistency. Refrigerate until needed
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 251g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 234||56%|
|Total Fat 26.44g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 4.46g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.66g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|