Cost per serving $1.66 view details
- Potato Skins, Serves 8-10 People
- Not all potato skins are created equally. This is the right way to make delicious skins with gobs of rich melted cheese. If you would prefer the vegetarian version, simply leave off the bacon.
- 8 large potatoes
- 1 quart of vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 pieces of thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1 cup of cheddar jack cheese
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- Â¼ cup mayonnaise
- Â½ pack of dry, Ranch Dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons of Frankâs Red Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of tobasco sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place all of the potatoes in a sink, and wash thoroughly. Dry the potatoes, rub with a small amount of vegetable oil, then coat salt and pepper. Pierce each potato, then place on a baking sheet at 375 degrees and cook for an hour, or until a knife can penetrate the entire potato easily. Remove the potatoes, and let cool for 20 minutes. Cut each potato in half, then scoop out Â¾ of the potato from the inside.
- Place the vegetable oil in a soup pan, making sure the oil is no more than half way up the pot. Place over high heat, until the oil reaches 350 degrees. Carefully drop three potato skins in at a time, and let them cook for two minutes, or until they become golden brown.
- Remove the potato skins from the oil, and let drain on paper towels for 2 minutes.
- Place all of the cooked potato skins (skin side down) on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Combine the cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, and place over the potato skins. Place the bacon over the cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven, and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling. Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, Frankâs Red Hot, and Tabasco sauce together; season with salt and pepper.
- Chef Chuck Kerber
- see above
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 616g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1503||82%|
|Total Fat 170.04g||213%|
|Saturated Fat 21.42g||86%|
|Trans Fat 3.74g|
|Total Carbs 67.96g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||29%|