Cost per recipe $28.17 view details
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs. chicken pcs
- 1 lg. onion, diced
- 3 sweet red peppers, cored, seeded and diced
- 4 c. chicken stock or possibly canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 c. short-grain rice, such as arborio
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 3 lbs. plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and minced, or possibly about 3 c. liquid removed, canned, minced plum tomatoes
- 12 lg. shrimp in shells
- 12 clams
- 12 mussels
- 1 c. white wine
- Heat 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add in chicken pcs, in batches if necessary, and brown on all sides. When brown, remove chicken and set aside. Add in onions and peppers to skillet and cook 5 min, stirring.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken stock to boil in separate pan.
- Reduce heat under onion-pepper mix to low and add in garlic, rice, salt and white pepper. Stir till rice grains are coated with oil. Transfer contents of skillet to roasting pan. Add in boiling stock, saffron, and tomatoes. Arrange chicken pcs on top. Cover and roast at 350 degrees 25 min.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp, clams and mussels in separate pan. Add in wine and cook till mussel and clam shells open (throw away those which do not open) and shrimp are cooked through, about 7 min longer. Remove seafood with slotted spoon, place seafood in bowl and chill. Boil remaining liquid over medium-high heat till reduced by one-third. Transfer to bowl and cold to room temperature. When liquid is cold, transfer to blender or possibly food processor. With motor running on medium speed, add in remaining extra virgin olive oil in slow, steady stream. Pour sauce into container and chill.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Arrange chicken on platter. Cover and chill. Transfer rice to large bowl and refrigerateit as well.
- To serve, pile rice in center of platter. Place chicken over rice and arrange shrimp and shellfish around perimeter. Drizzle with sauce and serve. Servings: 6 to 8.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 4631g|
|Calories from Fat 2330||47%|
|Total Fat 260.81g||326%|
|Saturated Fat 57.47g||230%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 323.15g||86%|
|Dietary Fiber 30.2g||101%|