Cost per serving $1.44 view details
- Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 9-ounce package chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons (1 & 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- Ingredients for Filling:
- 1 18-ounce jar creamy peanut butter (2 cups)
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract (yes, 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- Ingredients for Topping:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder, optional
- 6 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Directions for Crust:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Blend cookies, sugar and cinnamon in processor to fine crumbs. Add melted butter and blend well using on/off turns. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up sides of 10-inch-diameter springform pan. Bake until crust start to puff and darkens slightly, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- Directions for Filling:
- 1. Using electric mixer, beat peanut butter and cream cheese in large bowl to blend. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons vanilla extract and beat until well blended. Using clean dry beaters, beat 2 cups whipping cream in medium bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into peanut butter mixture in 4 additions. Spoon filling into prepared crust.
- Directions for Topping:
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar and espresso powder in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until espresso powder and sugar dissolve and mixture comes to simmer. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool topping 5 minutes. Spread topping evenly over filling. Refrigerate cake until cold, about 4 hours. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover cake and keep refrigerated.) Serve cake chilled with whipped cream.
- 2. Makes 16 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 122g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 299||58%|
|Total Fat 34.73g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 13.5g||54%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 45.55g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|