Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 1 (16 ounce) package saffron rice
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnishes: additional chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions; keep hot.
- 2. Rinse and drain 2 cans beans (do not drain remaining 2 cans).
- 3. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over hot rice. Garnish, if desired.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 238g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 37||6%|
|Total Fat 4.36g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.93g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 117.1g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 28.5g||95%|