This is a nice side dish that incorporates the green goodness of kale with the tangy flavor of parsnips and ginger.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Cost per serving $0.09 view details
- 1 medium to large "bunch" of fresh kale, chopped
- 4 medium parsnips, Julienned or shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small ginger root, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 4 Morningstar Farms or other vegetarian sausage patties, coarse chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- Place the shredded parsnips in a steamer basket and saucepan and steam for about five minutes to tenderize.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion and cook over medium-high heat until translucent.
- Add the ginger and tarragon and stir to mix, cooking for another minute.
- Add the sausage pieces and heat through for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the water, parsnips and kale, toss to mix well, cover and cook until the kale is reduced - about 10 minutes.
- Plate and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 34g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 30||81%|
|Total Fat 3.41g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.48g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.64g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|