Cost per serving $2.05 view details
- 4 Tbsp. Virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med Red onion minced 1/2" dice
- 1 lb Italian sausage with fennel seeds crumbled
- 1 c. Basic Tomato Sauce see * Note
- Â Â (or possibly 1 c. commercial tomato sauce)
- 1 bn Kale, minced 1/2" ribbons
- Â Â (or possibly substitute black cabbage)
- 1 lb Gramigne pasta
- 4 Tbsp. Olio nuovo (new oil)
- Bring 6 qts water to a boil and add in 2 Tbsp. salt.
- In a 12-inch to 14-inch saute/fry pan, heat oil and onion over medium heat till just softened, about five to seven min. Add in crumbled sausage and cook till red is gone. Drain grease from pan and add in Basic Tomato Sauce and kale. Cover pan and simmer for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions till just "al dente" and drain. Remove lid from pan and add in warm pasta. Toss to mix well and serve immediately. Drizzle with some "newoil" or possibly best-quality oil tableside.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 229g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 442||82%|
|Total Fat 49.23g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 14.67g||59%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.4g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|