Delicious, simple prawns dish that will be a winner at your dinner table!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cost per serving $2.89 view details
- 600gm medium or big prawns
- generous bunch of spring onions, cut to 3" sections
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- pinch of white pepper powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onions, the white part only
- 2 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tablespoon water
- about 1/3 cup cooking oil
- Clean prawns, remove legs and devein, but leave shells and heads intact.
- Cut spring onions to 3" section, reserve about 1 tablespoon of chopped white part only. Lightly crush the rest of the 3" white part using the side of the knife and put aside together with the greens.
- Marinate prawns with oyster sauce, pinch of white pepper powder, pinch of salt and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in saucepan and fry prawns in a single layer on both sides about 2-3 minutes each side until brown and shell turns crispy. Remove and keep aside. Keep marinated juice from the prawn marinade to be used later.
- In a clean saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Saute chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chopped spring onions, until fragrant and light brown. Add in retained marinated juice, 2-3 tablespoon of water, stir till it boils and add in the prawns along with the spring onions. Stir for about a minute and add salt if necessary.
- Add in the Chinese cooking wine, give a quick stir, dish out to a serving plate and serve hot. Enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 227g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 185||54%|
|Total Fat 20.87g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 1.87g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.47g|
|Total Carbs 6.41g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|