Cost per serving $1.02 view details
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 x onion, finely, sliced
- 3 x garlic, cloves
- 2 lb sliced button mushroom, and/or possibly, mushroom, trimmings
- 3 x thyme, sprigs
- Â Â water, to cover
- Â Â Mushroom Risotto
- 2 c. mushroom, stock, (see preceding recipe)
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 lrg shallot, finely, minced
- 1Â 1/2 c. risotto rice, (arborio)
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 c. chanterelles
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Sweat till the mushrooms are very soft and are starting to brown.
- Add in thyme, bay leaf and water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 min. Remove from heat, strain and lightly press solids to extract as much liquid as possible. For a more concentrated flavour, reduce liquid by one-third after straining.
- Chill for one week, or possibly freeze in an airtight container or possibly resealable freezer bag for up to one month.
- Mushroom Risotto:In a medium saucepan, heat the stock keeping at a gentle simmer. In a large saucepan, heat 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add in shallots and saute/fry till transparent (don't brown).
- Add in Arborio rice and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 min till well coated.
- Stir till liquid is absorbed.
- Slowly add in 1/2 c. of warm stock; stir gently till it is absorbed. Don't stir too vigorously or possibly you risk breaking the grains. Continue this process till the risotto has been cooking for 10 to 12 min. You should have a small amount of stock left over.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in one tbsp. butter and chopped garlic. Add in chanterelles and saute/fry till golden.
- Add in 1/2 c. of remaining stock; add in risotto and continue to cook till rice is plump and creamy, about 5 min. Gently mix in remaining butter. Add in Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 127g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 250||88%|
|Total Fat 28.34g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 12.38g||50%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 6.6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|