Cost per recipe $6.52 view details
- 12 ounce. Baker's semi-sweet chocolate or possibly bitter sweet chocolate, broken into pcs
- 2/3 c. (5 ounce.) unsalted butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 5 lg. Large eggs, separated
- 1/3 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter for butter cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the chocolate, sugar and butter in the top of a double boiler. Heat over medium heat, stirring till the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Allow the mix to cold, then whisk in the egg yolks, then the flour.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl just till they form hard peaks. Don't over beat. Add in one third of the egg whites to the chocolate batter and mix it vigorously. Then gently mix in the remaining whites. Do this slowly and patiently. Don't over mix, but be sure which the mix is well blended and which no streaks of the white remain.
- Butter a 9 1/2" springform pan and pour in the batter. Bake till the cake is hard and springy, 35 to 40 min. Allow the cake to cold for several hrs before unmolding. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar, if you like. Serves 8. Very good.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 924g|
|Calories from Fat 2758||72%|
|Total Fat 321.67g||402%|
|Saturated Fat 193.01g||772%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 285.27g||76%|
|Dietary Fiber 57.6g||192%|