These are fantastic! Serve as a snack, an appetizer, or with fresh veggies as a main course. Plus kids love ‘em! And don’t worry about frying in a deep skillet of oil. They aren’t greasy because ground chicken absorbs very little oil during cooking. Now that you have this recipe, no need for those icky frozen meatballs!
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 large apple, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayo
- Using hands, squeeze out all excess water from grated apples.
- Still using hands, mix apple with ground chicken, breadcrumbs, chicken seasoning, minced onion, herbes de Provence, paprika and pepper. Mix until just combined–don’t over mix.
- Form mix into 20 meatballs (don’t make too big or they won’t cook thru).
- Roll balls in flour to lightly dust. Shake off excess.
- Fill a large, deep-sided skillet half full with vegetable oil.
- Heat oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Place meatballs in oil one-by-one and pan fry until lightly on all sides, about 8 minutes, or until cooked thru.
- Using tongs, remove meatballs from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- To make dijon dipping sauce, whisk together honey, dijon and mayo until combined.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce on the side.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 92||26%|
|Total Fat 10.27g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2.66g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 42.36g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|