Cost per serving $3.14 view details
- 1 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon or Chardonnay)
- 1/2 lb shredded Swiss cheese (good quality is best)
- 1/2 lb shredded Gruyere cheese (good quality if best)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Optional: a dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bread baguette or French loaf cut into chunks or cubes
- Simmer wine on stovetop in a cast iron pot or heavy bottom pot. Add Swiss cheese, Gruyère cheese (1/4 lb at a time). Stir after each addition of cheese until melted. Add the flour and mix with a whisk. Add the lemon juice and mix. Add the salt, nutmeg and garlic powder. Rub a garlic bud Inside the fondue pot. Transfer melted cheese to your fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with apple slices, bread cubes, carrots, brocoli and cauliflower pieces.
- NOTE: The quality of the cheese you use is important.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 120g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 200||58%|
|Total Fat 22.78g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 13.89g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.51g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|