Cost per serving $3.22 view details
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsps each of fresh (if you have it) or dried basil and oregano
- 2 tbsps all purpose flour
- 5 cups milk
- 3 tbsps Dijon mustard
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups broad noodles, uncooked
- 1 pkg (4 cups) frozen mixed vegetables or any cooked leftover vegetables you have in the fridge
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- In a large saucepan, over high heat, cook the beef and the onions for 5 minutes. Drain off the fat and add the garlic, basil and oregano.
- Reduce heat to medium high, sprinkle the beef mixture with the flour. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk, water and dijon mustard. Cook and stir until the sauce comes to a boil.
- Add the broad noodles, stir and continue cooking for 2 minutes or so. Reduce heat to low, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetables, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes or so, stir often at this point until the noodles are fully cooked.
- Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the parsley on top of each plate at serving time.
- Note: For a spicier dish, add 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 622g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 175||21%|
|Total Fat 19.49g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 8.59g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.71g|
|Total Carbs 131.83g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||29%|