Cost per serving $0.87 view details
- 8 ounce Uncooked elbow macaroni or possibly medium shells
- 1/2 stk or possibly 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 c. Lowfat milk
- 6 ounce Velveeta or possibly sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into small chunks, plus a little extra shredded for topping
- Â Â Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy saucepan, heat the butter. Whisk in the flour to make a paste. Gradually whisk in the lowfat milk. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking, till thickened, about 1 minute. Add in the cheese, salt and pepper and whisk till smooth.
- Stir the cooked macaroni into the cheese sauce. Scrape into a shallow 2-qt baking dish.
- Bake in the 350 oven, uncovered, till bubbly and lightly golden brown on top, 20 to 25 min. Add in the extra shredded cheese for the last 5 min of baking. Let stand 10 min before serving.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 243g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 203||39%|
|Total Fat 22.93g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 14.32g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 58.56g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|