Cost per serving $1.11 view details
- 3 c. Elbow macaroni
- 1 lb Warm or possibly sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lrg Green pepper diced
- 1 lrg Onion diced
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or possibly margarine
- 3 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 2 c. Lowfat milk
- 2 c. Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1Â 1/4 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cool water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausages till well-browned on all sides and cooked through, turning frequently, about 15 min. Remove sausages to cutting board.
- In drippings remaining in skillet over medium heat, cook pepper and onion till tender, about 8 min, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, remove to large bowl. When sausages are cold sufficient to handle, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; remove to bowl with vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12- by 8-inch baking dish.
- In 2-qt saucepan over medium heat, heat butter. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Gradually whisk in lowfat milk. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, Tabasco sauce and salt till cheeses heat, stirring frequently.
- In large bowl, with sausage mix combine macaroni and cheddar cheese sauce. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Bake 20 to 25 min till mix is warm and bubbly.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 299g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 194||27%|
|Total Fat 22.12g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 13.19g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 99.17g||26%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|