Cost per recipe $7.60 view details
- 4 c. minced peeled cored tomatoes (8 to 10 tomatoes)
- Â Â (or possibly 4 c. crushed canned whole tomatoes)
- 4 c. tomato juice and part vegetable
- Â Â stock or possibly chicken stock
- 12 x fresh basil leaves - (to 14) washed
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 lb sweet unsalted butter
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Combine tomatoes, juice/and or possibly stock in saucepan. Simmer 30 min. Puree, along with the basil leaves, in small batches, in blender, food processor (or possibly better yet, one of those handy hand-held food blenders, right in the cooking pan).
- Return to saucepan and add in cream and butter, while stirring over low heat. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with your favorite bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1756g|
|Calories from Fat 1228||81%|
|Total Fat 137.57g||172%|
|Saturated Fat 86.09g||344%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 64.12g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 14.3g||48%|