Enjoy a delicious blend of herbs, beans, ground turkey and Italian sausage soup for warming up in the winter time. Fantastic new taste for chili soup.
©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups low fat chicken broth
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes and juice
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Netta Belle's Choice Flavour-Enhancer Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon Netta Belle's Choice Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Netta Belle's Choice Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Perorino Romano Cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Saute ground turkey and ground sausage until browned and crumbled.
- Pour meat on a toweling paper to absorb the grease.
- In a large kettle, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic, cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add the meat to the onions.
- Pour in the ketchup, balsamic vinegar, broth, tomatoes and juice.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, olive slices, herbs and spices.
- Heat for another 30 minutes.
- Serve chili with 1 tablespoon of Perorino Romano Cheese on top.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 256g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 149||38%|
|Total Fat 16.58g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 4.69g||19%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.29g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.9g||36%|