Cost per recipe $15.24 view details
- Extra virgin olive oil or possibly sesame oil
- 2 pound or possibly more lean grnd beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage (optional)
- 1 whole onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh grnd pepper
- Bay leaves
- House brandy
- Beer or possibly wine
- 2 jars Prego or possibly Ragu
- Lasagna noodles or possibly Spaghetti noodles (depending on what your making)
- Ricotta cheese
- Thin shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook 1 day in advance. Saute/fry meat in extra virgin olive oil (or possibly sesame oil). After meat has been sauteed add in your spices (onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, grnd pepper, paprika, oregano, bay leaves, cayenne, marjoram, add in spices to your own personal taste).
- Let simmer. When meat starts browning use 1/4 c. of (any house brandy or possibly liquor) let simmer for 10 min. Add in 1/2 bottle of beer or possibly 1/2 c. of wine. Simmer another 10 min, then add in 1/2 c. more of your beer or possibly wine. Next add in 1 jar of Prego or possibly Ragu sauce. Simmer 1/2 hour, then add in 1 more jar and let cook for 2-3 hrs. Simmer on medium heat and stir.
- Next Day: Boil lasagna noodles in salt water with 2 Tbsp. oil. Use medium-large pan. When noodles are cooked to proper softness, layer pan with thin layer of noodles. Next use a thin layer of sauce over noodles. Continue alternating sauce and noodles. Next day ricotta cheese (mixed with sauce, sufficient to spread). Add in another layer of noodles and sauce. Top it off with mozzarella cheese on the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1877g|
|Calories from Fat 2730||68%|
|Total Fat 302.77g||378%|
|Saturated Fat 117.6g||470%|
|Trans Fat 8.53g|
|Total Carbs 46.46g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||26%|