Cost per serving $0.65 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 c. Minced chorizo sausage
- 1/2 c. Minced onions
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped shallots
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1/2 c. Minced green peppers
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 16 x Quahog clams shucked, minced,
- Â Â shells reserved fully intact
- 1 Tbsp. Creole mustard
- 1/2 c. Bread crumbs to 3/4 c.
- Â Â Butchers twine
- 1 c. Garlic butter sauce warm
- 1 c. Sizzled leeks
- Â Â (julienned leeks, lightly fried)
- 2 Tbsp. Brunoise red peppers
- 2 Tbsp. Minced parsley see * Note
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saute/fry pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. Add in the chorizo and render for 2 to 3 min. Add in the onions, shallots, garlic, and peppers. Saute/fry the mix till the vegetables are light in color, about 2 min. Remove from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Season with salt, cayenne, and parsley. Stir in the clams and Creole mustard. Mix in sufficient bread crumbs to bind the mix.
- Pack the mix into each shell and tie with the butchers twine. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 min, or possibly till the stuffing is cooked through. Remove from the oven and place the untied clams on a platter. Drizzle the butter sauce over the clams. Place a small bundle of the leeks in the center of each clam. Garnish with red peppers, parsley, and Emeril's Essence.
- This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 104g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 175||62%|
|Total Fat 19.46g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 6.34g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.73g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|