Cost per serving $0.24 view details
- 1 med -size head napa cabbage (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Salt (divided use)
- 1/4 lb Daikon, peeled and cut into matchstick pcs, optional
- 2 x Green onions (including tops), cut in thin slivers
- 3 cl Garlic, chopped or possibly pressed
- 1 tsp Or possibly 2 t Korean red pepper or possibly grnd red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Cut cabbage into chunks about 1-inch square; place in a large bowl and add in 2 Tbsp. of the salt. Mix well. Cover and let stand at room temperature till cabbage is wilted and reduced to about half its original volume (3 to 4 hrs).
- Rinse thoroughly; drain. Return to bowl along with daikon (if used), onions, garlic, pepper, sugar and remaining 1/2 Tbsp. of salt; mix well. Pack lightly into a 1-qt jar; cover with lid or possibly plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature, tasting often, till fermented to your liking. (In warmer weather, fermentation may take only 1 to 2 days; in cooler weather, count on 3 to 4 days.) Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 31g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.49g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|