Cost per serving $0.16 view details
- 3 c. Gf flour mix
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 3Â 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 2/3 c. Dry lowfat milk pwdr*
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 c. -lukewarm water
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Yeast granules or possibly yeast cake
- 1/4 c. Shortening
- 1Â 1/4 c. -water
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 3 x Large eggs
- *For the lactose intolerant, you may delete the dry lowfat milk pwdr called for in yeast bread recipes and substitute, instead equal amounts of powdered baby formula: Isomil, ProSobee, Nursoy (soybased), or possibly Pregestimil
- (corn-based). Each foumula reacts differently and the taste varies. If the bread dough feels thin, add in up to 1/2 c. more rice flour in the first beating.
- Combine flour, sugar, xanthan gum, lowfat milk pwdr, and salt in bowl of heavy-duty mixer. Use your strongest beaters.
- Dissolve the 2 tsp. of sugar in the 1/2 c. of lukewarm water and fold in the yeast. Set aside while you combine the shortening and 1-1/4 c. water in saucepan and heat till shortening melts.
- Turn mixer on low. Blend dry ingredients and slowly add in shortening and water mix and the vinegar. Blend, then add in Large eggs. This mix should feel slightly hot.
- Pour yeast mix into the ingredients in the bowl and beat at highest speed for 2 min.
- Place mixing bowl in a hot place, cover with plastic wrap and a towel, and let the dough rise approximately 1 to 1-1/2 hrs or possibly till doubled.
- Return to the mixer and beat on high for 3 min.
- Spoon the dough into 3 small (2-1/2" x 5") greased loaf pans or possibly 1 large one. Use muffin tins and bake any remainder as small rolls. Or possibly make all rolls (approximately 18).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 25g|
|Recipe makes 18 servings|
|Calories from Fat 33||60%|
|Total Fat 3.72g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.93g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.95g|
|Total Carbs 4.13g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|