Insane easy and very Yummy!
I bake mine in a pie plate and dip it in chili or stews. But its great with Hummus
I added garlic and a bit of oregano into mine but its great without that. But you could make this into a pizza crust or into Biscuits. just Great!
- 2/3 cup dry lentils (I use red but brown, green or a sprouted variety work too)
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal (I use golden flax ground in my Magic Bullet)
- 1 cup water
- sea salt (donât skimp since this is the main seasoning)
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil (olive oil, grapeseed, canola, butter or ghee all work â use oil for vegan)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2. In a small blender with grind attachment, food processor or a spice grinder, add lentils and grind to a flour. (I use my Magic Bullet with the flat blade).
- 3. Add the coconut oil (or oil/butter of choice) to a 8Ã8 or 9Ã9 pan* and let melt in the oven and warm (about 2 minutes). Meanwhile, add flaxseed meal, water and salt to ground lentils and blend again for about 15 seconds. It should resemble a thick but pourable pancake batter after it sits (the flax and lentils will start absorbing the water the longer it sits).
- 4. When oil is hot and melted, pour batter into the pan and spread with a spatula. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the bread forms a crust. Let cool slightly, cut and enjoy warm!
- Bread can be refrigerated and toasted to reheat if needed.
- *You can make the bread thick or thin by choosing your baking dish and add herbs and spices for different flavor variations.
- For 2 Slices. if cut into 8 and cooked in a pie plate,.
- Calories- 173
- Carbs- 29
- Fat- 2
- Protein- 12
- Fibre- 8
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 99g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 76||41%|
|Total Fat 8.84g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.23g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.8g||33%|