Cost per recipe $1.11 view details
- Combine flour, salt and baking pwdr in a large bowl. Cut in lard with a pastry blender till coarse crumbs form. Add in water.
- Mix lightly with a fork till the dough clings together. Using your hands, gather dough and knead in the bowl for about 3 min. Cover bowl with a towel. Let rise 1/2 hour.
- Divide the dough into 10 to 12 small balls. Roll the dough into a thin 12" circle on a lightly floured work surface. Stack tortillas with wax paper between each one as they are rolled.
- Lightly grease a very large heavy skillet or possibly griddle. Place tortillas one at a time onto griddle, pressing here and there with a wadded paper towel to make bubbles or possibly blisters which give the tortilla lightness.
- Cook till tortilla turns golden on both sides (turning once). Keep in plastic bag while baking the remaining tortillas.
- These are ideal for making ahead and freezing. Freeze in a plastic bag with waxed paper between.
- To reheat: Place on griddle till soft and pliable or possibly steam slightly till hot.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 682g|
|Calories from Fat 647||33%|
|Total Fat 72.01g||90%|
|Saturated Fat 27.39g||110%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 286.16g||76%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.1g||34%|