Cost per serving $2.63 view details
- 8 ounce Bacon, cut up
- 1/2 c. Onion, minced
- 16 ounce Pork & beans, canned w/tomat
- 16 ounce Green beans, liquid removed
- 15Â 1/2 ounce Butter beans, liquid removed
- 15Â 1/2 ounce Kidney beans
- 1/2 c. Ketchup
- 1/2 c. Brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp Mustard, prepared
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Gayle Schuck of Bismarck, North Dakota, waxes nostalgic at the thought of family picnics at LaMoure County Memorial Park in Grand Rapids, North Dakota. The James River encircles the park and its tennis courts, ball diamond and playground, including the old, squeaky merry-go-round. Brown sugar and bacon season Gayle's baked quartet of canned pork and beans, butter beans, kidney beans, and green beans.
- 1. In a dutch oven, cook bacon and onion until bacon is browned and onion is tender. Drain off the fat.
- 2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer the mix to a 3 1/2 or4 qt crockery cooker.
- 3. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 6 hrs.
- Makes 10-12 servings.
- Oven Method: In a medium skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is tender. Drain off fat. In a 2 qt baking dish, combine th bacon mix with remaining ingredients. Cover and bake in a 350 deg. oven for 30 min. Uncover and bake for 15 min more.
- Picnic Hint: Leave the beans in the crockery cooker container or possibly baking dish. Place the cooker in an insulated cooler or possibly wrap in towels to keep hot for the trip to your favorite picnic spot.
- Gayle Schuck of Bismarck, N.D. often adds a lb. of cooked and liquid removed lean grnd beef to this hotdish. Or possibly take along fully cooked bratwurst to heat on the grill.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 445g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 297||38%|
|Total Fat 32.95g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 10.75g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 79.81g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.9g||56%|