Cost per serving $0.43 view details
- 2 x Heads Escarole (a leafy green lettuce)
- 3/4 c. Evaporated skimmed lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. Fat-free grated Parmesan cheese (Kraft)
- Â Â Grnd pepper
- Â Â Grnd nutmeg
- Â Â Salt
- After lurking for a while, it's time to make my first post. Tonight I finally had a success with altering a favorite recipe to FF standards. It gives me great hope for future alterations!
- Cut the escarole into small pcs and rinse well in a sink full of water.
- With your hands, pull the escarole from the water and place in a large, heavy pan (like a Dutch oven). Do not add in any additional water. Cook over medium heat for about 12-15 min, till tender. Drain into a colander.
- Put evaporated lowfat milk into the dutch oven and scald (heat till it just starts to boil). Add in the cheese, pepper to taste, nutmeg to taste, and salt if you want it. Mix together, dump the escarole back into the pan and mix it all up. Serve warm!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 36g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 27||45%|
|Total Fat 3.08g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.72g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.37g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|