Cost per serving $1.57 view details
- Eggstraordinary!! Grilled Onion & Bacon Tart!!!
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups flour
- Â½ cup shredded Romano cheese
- Â½ tsp. chili powder
- Â½ tsp. paprika
- Â¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of warm water
- 10 tablespoons of cold butter
- For the Filling:
- Â¼ lb. of bacon â cooked and cut up
- 1 grilled jalapeÃ±o â chopped
- 1 clove of garlic â grilled and grated
- 1 red onion â sliced and grilled
- Â½ cup grated Romano cheese
- Â¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Â½ cup milk
- 6 Land-O-Lakes All Natural eggs
- Olive oil for drizzling
- To Make the Crust:
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cheeses, seasonings and mix. Cut the butter into small pieces and work into the flour mixture until it is crumbly.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice and water. Work the flour mixture until moistened. You may add an extra tablespoon of water if necessary to bring the dough together.
- Shape the dough into a disk and wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and gently roll out to fit a 10 inch pie dish.
- Press down the sides of the crust with a fork and poke the bottom with a fork.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes. Let the crust cool before pouring in the filling.
- For the Filling:
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Heat a griddle and place the jalapeÃ±o, sliced onion and clove of garlic. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Remove when a golden color is achieved.
- Let the onion and jalapeÃ±o cool before mixing.
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, milk, cheeses, chopped jalapeÃ±o, onion, grated garlic and bacon. Pour into the cooled pie shell. Grate a little more Romano cheese on top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until eggs are set.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 154g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 268||59%|
|Total Fat 30.33g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 17.03g||68%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.95g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|