Why go to the local pizza joint and spend a ton of money on a greasy pizza, when you can make a healthier version at home?
A bread machine makes terrific dough. Just top it with your favorite veggies, a little sauce, and cheese, and you've got a fresh, delicious treat!
- 1 medium red bell (capsicum) peppers, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato , seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cup mushroom , sliced
- 1 cup basil
- 4 cups light mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 â cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Â¾ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1. Make pizza dough per directions for your bread machine.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450.
- 3. Roll dough out into 2 14â³ round circles.
- 4. Top dough with pizza sauce, 1 cup cheese, layer vegetables and basil, then top with another cup cheese.
- 5. Bake on pizza stone for 12 â 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted and dough is cooked through.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 284g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 147||31%|
|Total Fat 16.47g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 7.08g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 56.63g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|