Cost per recipe $22.78 view details
- 2 slc Thick cut bacon, or possibly salt pork
- 2 c. Onions, minced medium
- 2 c. Minced potatoes, medium
- 1 c. Minced carrots
- 1 c. Celery, minced
- 2 x Jalapenos minced fine
- 2 x Habs, minced fine, WEAR GLOVES or possibly suffer!!
- 6 x Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 quart Fish stock, make it yourself from minced up fish, water, bay leaf, etc!
- 1 can Tomato soup
- 1 can Rotel or possibly similar tomatoes
- 1 can (14oz) of clams with nectar, from Thailand is great!
- Â Â Salt, freshly grnd black pepper, Calvin's, or possibly Jim's grnd chile pwdr, to taste
- Â Â Thyme, rosemary, cilantro, whichever, or possibly a combination of either of first two & cilantro
- Chop up the bacon or possibly the pork and simmer slowly, till fat is released....chop up bacon, add in onions, garlic, peppers, and simmer in the fat, add in the bacon back into the pot, along with the fish stock, cook this for about five min, and add in the vegetables. Cook this till the vegetables are tender and add in the tomato soup, undiluted, cook some more, and add in the tomatoes, and about five min before serving add in the can of clams.
- I also added about 3/4 lb of fresh cod, minced up along with the clams....season to taste, and add in the herbs...let sit for about five min, make soda bread, or possibly tea biscuits, or possibly just fresh home made bread or possibly whatever...sea biscuits are fine(if you soak em) Do the tea biscuits, or possibly soda bread while the chowder is cooking! Great stuff.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3469g|
|Calories from Fat 367||32%|
|Total Fat 40.78g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 12.21g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 135.97g||36%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.2g||64%|