Cost per recipe $4.81 view details
- 1 c. red lentils
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. orzo pasta
- 3 Tbsp. olive al
- 1/2 c. minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 c. minced fresh coriander
- 3 x carrots peeled and diced
- 2 x parsnips peeled and diced
- 1/2 x celery root peeled aid diced
- 1 lrg sweet potato peed and died
- 3 Tbsp. chopped shallots
- 1 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Â Â dressing:
- 1 tsp curry pwdr or possibly to taste
- 1 Tbsp. chutney
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x salt and freshly groung pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan bring lentils and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook till lentils are tender about 15 min. Drain and place them in a large bowl. While the lentils are cooking bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add in orzo and cook for 10 min. Drain and add in to lentils.
- Toss with 1 Tbsp. oil and let cold. Stir in parsley and coriander.
- Preheat oven to 450F In a large bowl toss carrots parsnips celery root and sweet potato with shallots and remaining 2 Tbsp. of oil. Sprinkle with cumin and salt.
- Spread vegetables in one layer on a sided baking sheet.
- Roast for abut 20 min or possibly till tender and slightly browned.
- Let cold and add in to lentil mix. Whisk all dressing ingredients together and pour over lentil mix.
- If you want an even more substantial salad add in about 8 ounces diced cooked sausage to lentil mix before tossing with dressing.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1572g|
|Calories from Fat 750||31%|
|Total Fat 84.94g||106%|
|Saturated Fat 11.34g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 340.39g||91%|
|Dietary Fiber 81.6g||272%|