Adapted from: James Beard’s ~ American Cookery
I love to try different dishes and this side dish came out a winner.
Enjoy with Love,
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Cost per serving $6.35 view details
- Â½ stick of Sweet Cream Butter
- 1 Â½ cups Sweet Onions â chopped
- 1 lb. seasoned sausage meat
- About 8 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 2 tsps ground pepper 1 tsp thyme
- Â½ tsp sage
- Â½ cup fresh parsley â chopped
- Â½ cup red wine
- Grated Romano Cheese
- In a large frying pan sautÃ© the onions in butter until they are just pale gold. Remove to a mixing bowl. Add the sausage to the frying pan, break it up with a fork, and let it cook several minutes over medium heat. When it is cooked add the onions in the bowl. Add the corn bread crumbs and the all of the seasonings. Mix well and add the wine.
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Butter a casserole dish and place the stuffing in the dish. Top with the grated cheese and bake for about 45 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 705g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 774||32%|
|Total Fat 89.89g||112%|
|Saturated Fat 25.84g||103%|
|Trans Fat 0.24g|
|Total Carbs 336.69g||90%|
|Dietary Fiber 32.0g||107%|