Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 2 cups (1 pound) cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted or softened butter
- 1 cup thin cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tsp grated lemon rind, or 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 egg yolks
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Sieve the cottage cheese or whirl in a blender until the curds are broken up. Add the butter, cream or milk, flavoring, sugar, flour and egg yolks. Beat or stir well to blend.
- Crumb Crust for Pie:
- 1 Â½ cups fine crumbs (such as graham cracker)
- 1/3 cup (about 6 tablespoons) butter
- 3 tablespoons white or brown sugar
- Spices, cocoa, or unsweetened or semisweet chocolate
- Place graham crackers into a food processor. Melt the butter over low heat. Remove from the heat, add the crumbs and sugar and blend well. If using spices or cocoa in the crust, add with the sugar. If using chocolate, add 1 ounce after it is melted. Stir over very low heat until the chocolate is liquid, then add the crumbs and sugar and blend.
- Turn the crumb mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie pan, spread rather evenly and firmly, over the bottom and up the sides. Bake pie crust 7â10 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the crust. This will firm the crust. Cool the crust for a few minutes then add the cottage cheese pie mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean from the center.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 80g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 48||31%|
|Total Fat 5.49g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.06g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.54g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|