Cost per serving $1.49 view details
- 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1/4 c. Merlot (or possibly other dry red wine)
- 1 Tbsp. seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 2 x thin slices pancetta - (2 ounce total)
- 2 x beef fillet steaks, 1 1/2" thk (3/4 to 1 lb total) Salt to taste
- In a 1- to 2-qt pan over high heat, stir broth, Merlot, jam, and pepper till boiling, then boil till reduced to 1/3 c., about 7 min total.
- Meanwhile, unroll pancetta and wrap a slice around the rim of each steak. Broil steaks on a rack in a pan 4 to 6 inches from heat till browned, 6 to 7 min. Turn steaks over and broil till tops are browned, 6 to 7 min more for rare. Cook longer, if you like.
- Put steaks on hot plates and spoon sauce over them. Add in salt to taste.
- This recipe yields 2 servings.
- Comments: Pancetta is sold in well-stocked supermarkets and Italian delis. Serve with couscous.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 127g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 19||19%|
|Total Fat 2.13g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.13g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|