Cost per serving $7.09 view details
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 c. sliced onion
- 1 x pear or possibly apple, peeled, cored, and, thinly, sliced
- 2 x garlic, cloves, finely, minced
- 1 x bay leaf
- 3 sprg thyme
- 1 Tbsp. curry pwdr
- 1 tsp grnd turmeric
- 1 c. cream
- 1/4 c. vegetable or possibly chicken stock
- Â Â Clam And Mussel Chowder
- 1 lb small fresh clam, (such as Manilla)
- 1 lb fresh mussel
- 1 x garlic, clove
- 1/2 x shallot
- 1 sprg thyme
- 1 sm bay leaf
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Â Â salt
- Â Â freshly grnd white pepper
- Â Â lemon, juice
- Â Â To Serve
- 1/4 c. sliced celery, cut into small dices and blanched
- 1/3 c. Yukon Gold potato, cut into small dices and blanched
- 1/3 c. carrot, cut into 1/4" dice and blanched
- In a saucepan heat the butter over medium heat. Add in the onions, pear or possibly apple, garlic, bay leaf and thyme, and sweat till the vegetables are soft. Stir in the curry pwdr, turmeric, cream and stock. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Puree in a blender and strain the mix. Transfer to a clean saucepot and heat. Adjust seasoning and keep hot.
- Clam And Mussel Chowder:Place the clams and mussels in a large pot with the garlic, shallot, thyme, bay leaf and wine. Cover and bring this to a light boil till the clams and mussels have opened. Remove from the heat. Strain the liquid into a pot and remove the clams and mussels from their shells and set aside.
- Reduce the reserved liquid by about one-half. Add in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Whisk in butter. Season with salt and white pepper and add in lemon juice to taste. Add in the reserved clam and mussel meat to the soup and heat. Keep hot.
- To Serve:Place some of the mix of celery, carrot and potato and place on the bottom of four bowls.
- Whisk the hot curry cream till it is foamy. Place some of the curry froth on top of the vegetables.
- Ladle the warm soup into the bowls. Spoon a little curry foam on the soup. Serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 457g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 290||53%|
|Total Fat 32.9g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 18.56g||74%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 28.38g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||14%|