Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 2 c. tomato consomme (warm) (500 ml)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 c. Arborio rice (250 ml)
- 1 tsp grnd anise (5 ml)
- 1 clv garlic, minced
- 1/2 x onion, minced
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice (125 ml)
- 1 x salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, roughly minced (125 ml)
- 3/4 c. sliced smoked salmon, preferably wild smoked salmon (175 ml)
- Â Â Chantrelles
- 3 Tbsp. butter (45 ml)
- 2 c. chanterelles (250 ml)
- 1/4 c. shallots, sliced (60 ml)
- 1/2 c. white wine (125 ml)
- 1/2 c. fish stock, chicken stock, mushroom stock or possibly water (125 ml)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, minced (15 ml)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian, or possibly flat parsley, whole leaves (30 ml)
- 1/4 c. dehydrated tomatoes (60 ml)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (5 ml)
- 1 x salt and pepper, to taste
- Â Â butter, to finish sauce (optional)
- Â Â Citrus Salted Baked BC Sablefish
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil (15 ml)
- 6 x 5 ounce portions sable fish (six 140 g portions)
- Â Â citrus salt, to taste
- In a skillet or possibly saucepan, sweat the garlic, onions and anise seeds in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat till vegetables are soft, about 3 to 5 min. Add in rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 min, stirring constantly, coating the rice completely with the oil. Then start adding the warm stock, 1 c. at a time, stirring till the liquid has absorbed into the rice. When liquid has absorbed, add in the next c. of liquid. Repeat adding stock, till rice is tender but hard in the centre, about 20 to 30 min. Add in the pineapple juice and remove from the heat. Allow rice mix to cold to room temperature. Stir in the smoked salmon slices and the minced parsley. Adjust the seasoning. With your hands, form risotto mix into 6 disks.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. oven.
- In a non-stick saute/fry pan over medium high heat add in oil and butter and caramelize the risotto cakes till golden on each side, about 3 min per side. Then finish in oven till warm in the centre, about 6 min. Serve with Citrus Salted BC Sable Fish and Chanterelles.
- Chantrelles:Place the butter, mushrooms, shallots, white wine and stock into a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, season and reduce down to a buttery glaze, about 15 to 20 min. To finish this sauce, toss in some thyme, parsley and tomatoes. Season the mix with lemon juice, salt and pepper. If desired, finish with a little more butter to make more sauce. Swirl cool butter till just melts. Serve with Citrus Salted BC Sable Fish and Smoked Salmon Risotto Cakes.
- Citrus Salted Baked BC Sablefish:Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.Heat a non-stick fry-pan with oven proof handles over medium heat. Add in vegetable oil. Season the fish and place skin side up into the pan. Sear till golden. Turn the fish over and place the pan into oven for 6 min or possibly till the fish begins to flake. Serve with Buttery Chanterelles and Smoked Salmon Risotto Cakes.
- Time this dish, so you put the smoked salmon risotto cakes and BC Sablefish in the oven at the same time. When the risotto cakes and fish are in the oven, you can finish the sauce for the chanterelles.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 121g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 117||47%|
|Total Fat 13.23g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 23.02g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|