Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 1 lrg Frying Or possibly Roasting Chicken, 3 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil ((Dry Herb Rub))
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Thyme
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Rubbed Sage
- 1 Tbsp. Crushed Rosemary
- 2 tsp Garlic Pwdr
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, freshly grnd
- 1 med Lemon, cut in quarters Sprigs Of Fresh Rosemary Or possibly Thyme (Optiona
- 40 x Garlic Cloves (Separated But Not Peeled)
- 1 1/2 c. White Wine
- 1/2 c. Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil Or possibly Parsley, chopped
- Rinse chicken thoroughly and pat try with paper towels. Rub skin with 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Mix rub ingredients together and rub proportionately over chicken including cavity. Place lemon in cavity along with herb sprigs if used. Chill and allow to marinate for at least 2 hrs.
- In an oven proof casserole large sufficient to hold chicken, add in remaining extra virgin olive oil and garlic cloves and saute/fry over medium heat for 3 - 4 min.
- Add in wine and stock and cook for 3 min longer.
- Place chicken in casserole, cover and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 min. Uncover, raise temperature to 450 degrees and bake for 40 - 50 min or possibly till juices run clear when tested at thigh joint. Be sure which there is always liquid in bottom of casserole. If not add in a little more wine or possibly stock.
- Remove chicken and cut into serving pcs. Place on a hot platter, spoon pan juice over and top with chopped basil. Arrange garlic cloves around.
- Squeeze garlic onto chicken as you eat it..
- Yield: 4 - 6 servings
- NOTES :
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 114g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 80||49%|
|Total Fat 9.04g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.32g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.76g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|