Cost per serving $1.07 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 40 x Cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp Dry rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp Dry thyme, crumbled
- 4Â 1/2 lb Whole frying chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- Â Â ds Salt to taste
- Â Â ds Pepper to taste
- 1 lrg Loaf French Bread, sliced
- Soak top and bottom of 3 1/4 qt clay cooker in water for about 15 min, drain. Line bottom and sides of cooker with parchment paper.
- Combine extra virgin olive oil, garlic and herbs in cooker. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place chicken over garlic mix. Drizzle with the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place covered cooker in cool oven. Set oven at 475 degrees F. Bake till chicken is tender and juices run clear when thigh is pierced, about 1 1/4 hrs. Remove cover, bake till chicken is crisp and brown - 5 - 10 min longer.
- Carve chicken and spoon cooking liquid over chicken. Serve the garlic cloves with the sliced French Bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 269g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 338||57%|
|Total Fat 37.48g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 10.38g||42%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 15.06g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|