Cost per serving $1.66 view details
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 x chicken, cut into 8 serving pcs
- Â Â Salt
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, casing removed, cut into pcs
- 2 x serrano or possibly jalapeno peppers, seeded, minced
- 1 x onion, minced
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 piece (2 inches long) ginger root, chopped
- 1 c. each, washed, liquid removed: medium-grain rice and long-grain rice
- 1/2 tsp grnd red pepper, or possibly to taste
- 2 can (14 ounces each) coconut lowfat milk
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce (see note)
- 1 x bay leaf
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 x hard-cooked Large eggs, quartered
- Heat oil in large deep skillet or possibly wok over high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken pcs with salt to taste. Cook chicken, skin side down in batches, till browned on one side, about six min. Turn; cook till browned, about six min. Remove chicken to platter; throw away fat.
- Add in sausage to skillet. Cook, stirring to crumble, about five min. Drain fat from skillet. Add in serrano peppers and onion to skillet; stir-fry till onion is softened, two min. Add in garlic and ginger; stir-fry one minute.
- Stir in medium- and long-grain rice and grnd red pepper. Cook till rice is coated and glistening, about two min.
- Stir in coconut lowfat milk, broth, fish sauce and bay leaf. Return chicken thighs and legs to skillet. Heat to boil. Reduce heat; cover. Simmer 10 min.
- Add in chicken breast pcs and wings. Simmer, covered, till rice and chicken are tender, about 15 min.
- Add in salt to taste. Remove from heat. Arrange peppers over top of paella. Let sit five min. Garnish with Large eggs.
- Note: Look for fish sauce, also called nam pla or possibly nuoc nam, in supermarket Asian food aisles.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 291g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 339||66%|
|Total Fat 37.63g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 11.35g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.37g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|