Cost per recipe $10.22 view details
- 3 x pears, peeled, cored, and diced
- 12 ounce chevre
- 2 ounce prosciutto, sliced very thinly and julienned
- 1/2 c. minced walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. sage or possibly pineapple sage, chopped
- 1 pkt filo dough
- 1 c. butter, liquid
- 1 c. cream
- Â Â garnish:
- Â Â minced chives
- 1 x star fruit
- 1 x cucumber
- Combine diced pears, 8 ounce. chevre, julienned prosciutto, minced walnuts, and chopped sage in a bowl. This is the filling.
- Cut filo sheets in half so they are roughly square. You will use three sheets, or possibly six half sheets per serving, but you'd better count to be sure you have sufficient. Lightly butter the bottoms of eight custard c. or possibly ramekins and place on a sheet pan. Lay six half-sheets, buttered with a brush, over each other in a messy, offset pattern. Ease into a custard c.. Repeat for all eight custard c.. Divide the filling among the c., placing it in the filo dough, and then twisting the tops into a bundle over the filling. Brush the top lightly with butter. Bake the bundles in a 350'F oven till nicely browned and the inside is warm, about 20 min.
- Combine 4 ounce. chevre with 1 c. cream over moderate heat. Stir vigorously to make the mix smooth and reduce till the sauce coats a spoon.
- To serve, divide the sauce among eight salad-sized plates. Tilt the plates to make the sauce proportionately coat the inner area of the plate. Ease the filo bundles out of the custard c. by loosening the edges with a knife and then lifting it out with a spoon. Place a filo bundle in the center of each plate.
- Optional garnish: Sprinkle snipped chives on the sauce on the bottom half of the plate. On the top half of the plate, place a thin slice of star fruit on the right and a cucumber fan on the left.
- See any book on garnishing for cucmber fan instructions. A cucumber fan is made by slicing a cucumber in half lengthwise, cutting grooves in the skin with a citrus zester/groove tool, and then making four thin slices cut at a 45' angle, but held together in one corner. The fan is mooshed on to the plate to make an ornamental fan. If you have a very sharp knife and a steady hand, it's really quite easy.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1190g|
|Calories from Fat 2207||82%|
|Total Fat 251.84g||315%|
|Saturated Fat 148.25g||593%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 101.89g||27%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.3g||64%|