- 1/2 lb Montasio cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 Tbsp. fine cornmeal
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 x duck Large eggs Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 slc pane all'Istriana grilled or possibly toasted
- Roll the cheese cubes in the fine cornmeal.
- Heat 2 non-stick pans over medium heat, with half the butter in each pan. Once the butter has foamed and subsided, add in the cheese cubes to 1 pan and cook till the cubes are crunchy.
- Meanwhile, in the other pan, cook the duck Large eggs sunny-side up. Once the whites have solidified, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the cheese and Large eggs immediately with the bread.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.