Cost per serving $3.29 view details
- 2 TBSPS olive oil
- 2 Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsps kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded and roughly chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- In a high-sided saute pan with a lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, season with the salt, cover and cook until they are wilted and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook the onions until they are golden and caramelized, stirring often, about 20 minutes more.
- Stir in the garlic and saute 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stirring consistently, cook until the tomatoes breakdown and the jam becomes thick, about 20 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 671g|
|Recipe makes 3 servings|
|Calories from Fat 9||2%|
|Total Fat 1.13g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.17g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 103.56g||28%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|