Cost per serving $0.93 view details
- 6 Tbsp. gram pour
- 4 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Â Â large healthy pinch of asafoefida
- 10 x curry leaves
- 900 gm cabbage shredded finely
- 1 tsp chilli pwdr
- 1 tsp turmeric pwdr
- 1 tsp coriander pwdr
- Â Â salt
- Heat a heavy pan and dry roast the gram flour stirring all the while to prevent it from burning. As soon as the aroma and colour changes take it off the heat.
- Heat the oil in another pan.
- Add in the mustard seeds.
- When they cracide add in the cumin asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add in the cabbage the pwdr spices and salt and mix well
- Reduce the heat and add in a little water.
- Cook till the cabbage is cooked but slightly crunchy.
- Increase the heat to dry off any liquid then add in the roasted gram flour.
- Stir well.
- It will absorb any liquid and oil to create clumps.
- Break up the clumps to cook them.
- When the flour is cooked take off the heat.
- Serve warm.
- From rural Maharashtra the flour is added for taste and texture. It is cheap and easy to make.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 127||72%|
|Total Fat 14.38g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1.52g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.92g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||17%|